WCLA IS LAUNCHING THE “LAHORE TALKIES FILM FESTIVAL”…
This festival aims to highlight the culture and heritage of Walled City Lahore through short films of 1 – 3 minutes duration. The main theme is ‘’I AM WALLED CITY’’.
Lahore Talkies is a festival first of its kind encouraging young & aspiring film makers to use technology & videography techniques to promote the tangible and intangible culture & heritage of the Walled City Lahore.
The last date for submission of your short film in HD format is 10th August 2018. The festival will take place from 7th to 9th September 2018 at Royal Kitchen Lahore Fort.
We would like to invite you to participate in ‘Lahore Talkies’. The details of the event are as below:
• Duration of short film: 1-3 minutes
• You can send up to 3 short films ( only two short films of one entrant will be selected)
• Submit your short films in HD format at:
o Walled City Lahore Authority Office – 54 Lawrence Road, near China Chowk Lahore
• Submissions can be made through DVDs, USBs, or via internet sources but only in HD format
• Theme of the contest & festival: I AM WALLED CITY
• Categories: Monuments, Architecture, Bazaars, Havelis, Mosques, Tombs, Shrines, Gates, Artisans, Culture& Street Life, Games/Sports, Eateries/Traditional Food, Humans of Walled City, Legends of Walled City (Celebrities / Known Personalities) or any other interesting aspect of the Walled City.
• Deliverables at the time of submission will include a poster or still from the short film, a brief synopsis, note about the filmmaker and a HD quality short film. Each entry will be submitted separately.
• Format of short film: 720P HD Resolution 1280x720
• Language: Urdu / English / Bilingual
• No entry will be entertained after the last date of submission i.e. 10th August 2018
• No watermarks / logos will be allowed on short film
• An amount of Rs. 500 shall be charged as submission fee per short film ( selected short films only)
• Filmmakers will be notified by late 25th August 2018 as to whether or not their short film has been officially selected. Upon acceptance, you will receive an email verifying your acceptance and for submission of fee.
• We suggest that you submit your short film as early as possible to allow more time for consideration.
• Only selected short film by a jury of professionals will be part of the festival
For queries contact:
0300-0079252 / 042-99204196
Locate on Map
Are you Going?